22-26 August 2022
Stockholm University, Sweden
The International Radiological Protection School (IRPS) is developed and organised by the NEA in co-operation with the Swedish Radiation Safety Authority and the Centre for Radiation Protection Research of Stockholm University.
During the five-day programme, IRPS participants will gain a thorough understanding of the international radiological protection system, its application in diverse and emerging circumstances, and latest developments based on new scientific knowledge and lessons learned. Lectures and illustrative interactive case studies will be delivered by renowned experts in the multidisciplinary area of radiological protection. The IRPS will be conducted under the leadership of Richard Wakeford, retired Professor of Epidemiology at the University of Manchester and Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Radiological Protection.
The course will be held on 22-26 August 2022 with lectures on:
• Essentials and principles of the international system of radiological protection;
• Translation of the system into policy standards and regulations;
• Evolution and practical use of dose criteria;
• Underlying science and health effects of radiation exposure;
• Practice of managing protection of the public, environment, workers, and patients;
• Societal aspects and ethics.
The programme will also include keynote speeches on recent developments and a practical session on challenges in applying the radiological protection system.
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2022.